Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.0 Kernel Testing With AMD Radeon Graphics

Phoronix: Linux 4.0 Kernel Testing With AMD Radeon Graphics

With the Linux 4.0 kernel getting into shape here are some early benchmarks of three AMD Radeon graphics cards when comparing the Linux 4.0 Git performance to that of the Linux 3.19 stable kernel.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can we expect improved fan control support for all of the currently supported GPU's with the upcoming drivers?
    Last edited by Rakl?dder; 08 March 2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakl?dder View Post
      Can we expect improved fan control support for all of the currently supported GPU's with the upcoming drivers?
      My 5730M have very good fan control. So NO. Fan control is already GOOD for quite a few cards out there

Comment

I'm runnig a 4.0 build on my desktop pc and my HD7950 finally became as quiet as when running Windows. Perfect !

Comment

Originally posted by Rakl?dder View Post
          I think these changes are limited to Radeon SI hardware (and up).

Comment

I own both 270X and 280X from Gigabyte and both run at 100% fan when using open source graphics drivers. As soon as I install amd drivers (in any version) they become appropriately quiet for the load.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmonkey View Post
              I own both 270X and 280X from Gigabyte and both run at 100% fan when using open source graphics drivers.
              Kernel 4.0+ can change that if you install it.
              Last edited by dungeon; 08 March 2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Username
                My Sapphire 280X Dual-X that I edited then flashed the BIOS with VBE7 abide by my fan curve using radeon driver.
                What did you use to flash the bios ? Atiwinflash?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  Kernel 4.0+ can change that if you install it.
                  Proof? My MSI 7850 power edition spins at 100% reverse with open graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
                    Proof? My MSI 7850 power edition spins at 100% reverse with open graphics.
                    No idea if there is a problem with that particular one, but:

Last edited by dungeon; 08 March 2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X