Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA's GPU Technology Conference Is Next Week

Phoronix: NVIDIA's GPU Technology Conference Is Next Week

Next week is NVIDIA's annual GPU Technology Conference (GTC) taking place in San Jose, California...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We all want to hear about new GPU technology and drivers for PC gaming but this is Nvidia. It's going to be about GRID and MOBILE ANDROID GAMING. Does anyone really cares about that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      We all want to hear about new GPU technology and drivers for PC gaming but this is Nvidia. It's going to be about GRID and MOBILE ANDROID GAMING. Does anyone really cares about that stuff?

GTC is not conference for gaming(never really has been). See schedule:

Comment

I'm hoping for some juicy updates on Pascal and NVLink, other than that I don't think they have anything to say that I could care for.

Comment

I care, I look forward to the NVIDIA GPU Conference every year. Its really interesting and exciting to see IMO.

Comment

I'm with you. Not sure what they'll present other than new hardware and proprietary software, but probably nothing revolutionary.

Might be nice to hear about vulkan drivers, openCL/SPIR-V handling, but overall, nothing exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
              I care, I look forward to the NVIDIA GPU Conference every year. Its really interesting and exciting to see IMO.
              It may just be another ho-hum session this year like it has been...then NVIDIA springs some surprises on us

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                It may just be another ho-hum session this year like it has been...then NVIDIA springs some surprises on us
                Ahh well it's already known that nvidia will release titan x there(Jensen said it on gdc). As it is gtc they probably release quadro m6000 there too, but I don't think that there will be tesla from gm200 ... ever(next tesla will be 16nm ff+ pascal).

So probably next Thursday 7am pdt will be Titan X review be out(nvidia usually lifts ndas on Thursday 16:00 gmt+2, or was it 17 gmt+2 at winter time. Never remember which one). At least reviewers already have the cards(not sure about Michael)...

Comment

Working...
                X