Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Your Chance To Improve The KDE Plasma 5 Wallpaper

Phoronix: Here's Your Chance To Improve The KDE Plasma 5 Wallpaper

When recently covering how Kubuntu 15.04 is turning out quite well and a nice way to enjoy the latest KDE Plasma 5 experience, several Phoronix readers had commented about the "ugly" wallpaper. Well, now here's your chance to improve the situation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is that really a wallpaper? I thought someone had vomited on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      I really wish we'd get more artistic people instead of trolls to post in threads that are about art

Comment

Honestly... you people... while I personally would never use that wallpaper (or for that matter any default wallpaper, I have my own set of pictures I like to use) it doesn't look horrible, or even bad really. It's not particularly nice either, but ffs it's a wallpaper, the easiest thing to change in a desktop and almost no distro uses the default ones, do you really feel it's worth your time to bring vitriol about it?

Comment

it still beats the wallpaper opensuse 13.2 ships with. i mean, i understand design and stuff but in that particular case - what were they thinking?

Comment

With these types of articles lately, you should consider a "Wallpapers" article category, Michael

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
              it still beats the wallpaper opensuse 13.2 ships with. i mean, i understand design and stuff but in that particular case - what were they thinking?
              Have you seen the default ubuntu wallpapers?
              They look as if you closed your eyes turned your face to the sun and pressed your fingers into your eyeballs.

Comment

Oh yes, please fix that. Once that is done, find out what is introducing the extra whitespace above and below text in widgets. I am pretty sure that is a bug since it also happen in the Oxygen style that should look like KDE4.

Comment

Having used Mint KDE for a while I can say that Mint KDE is bad, probably because is done in 2 weeks by 2 guys.

how many dependancys to install Okular(KDE5) on non KDE distros? Right know for install it on debian 7 (KDE4) ( 96 ). The modularization is for less dependancys or for more? (And Gnome related libs are modular since always )

The wallpaper looks cool, but KDE looks more uglyiest than ever. :=) , Besides that I don't see any improvement more than a flat theme....
                  Last edited by cocklover; 12 March 2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Well "KDE Plasma 5 wallpaper" but it looks pretty aligned to Ubuntu Wallpapers guidelines. But what about the war between KDE devs against Ubuntu?(seigo/graslin) Why are they using a Ubuntu style wallpaper... it very confusing...

Comment

Working...
                    X