Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Voting Starts: Will X.Org Merge With The SPI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Voting Starts: Will X.Org Merge With The SPI?

Phoronix: X.Org Voting Starts: Will X.Org Merge With The SPI?

The X.Org Foundation elections have finally got underway after being delayed to vote on new directors as well as having the X.Org members decide whether the foundation should dissolve its 501(c)3 status and become a sub-project of the SPI Inc...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yes, x.org has to disappear forever it damages linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      Yes, x.org has to disappear forever it damages linux.
      Thanks for that useful comment. This decision also affects the likes of Wayland and and mesa.

Personally I feel that if one of the issues affecting the running of the Xorg foundation is mismanagement of bank accounts, the SPI taking a 5% cut probably isn't such a big issue and, in financial terms, it's probably still a net win. I have nothing to back this up, just my gut feeling.

Though isn't it the SPI who were accused of trying to strongarm an open source project (enlightenment IIRC)? That's worrisome.

I'm undecided, but leaning towards favouring them joining SPI.

Comment

Working...
      X