Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 0.13 Changes The Tap Motion Threshold

Phoronix: Libinput 0.13 Changes The Tap Motion Threshold

Libinput 0.13 was released today as one of the final steps before Libinput 1.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Random unrelated query about libinput:

I recently tried it on Arch, but the pointer speed is ludicrously fast, even if you set pointer accel in xorg to -1. I have one of those ultra-high Logitech multi-dpi setting mice, so on low its like 3500 DPI and on high its 6000, but even on low its way too fast.

With xinput I just had it on a deceleration factor of 5 and that worked. Is there any way to slow a libinput pointer down more than setting the accel to -1 (which actually feels unnatural since its decelerating movement)? I went back to the old xorg input drivers because libinput is unusable when the mouse clears a 1080p screen within like two centimeters of movement.

Comment

Will multitouch work when libinput is used under X.org?

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
        Random unrelated query about libinput:

I recently tried it on Arch, but the pointer speed is ludicrously fast, even if you set pointer accel in xorg to -1. I have one of those ultra-high Logitech multi-dpi setting mice, so on low its like 3500 DPI and on high its 6000, but even on low its way too fast.

With xinput I just had it on a deceleration factor of 5 and that worked. Is there any way to slow a libinput pointer down more than setting the accel to -1 (which actually feels unnatural since its decelerating movement)? I went back to the old xorg input drivers because libinput is unusable when the mouse clears a 1080p screen within like two centimeters of movement.
        Zanny, have you seen this and that? Is there anything there that could help?

Comment

Working...
        X