Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenIndiana 2015.03 Updates Its Solaris/Illumos Environment

Phoronix: OpenIndiana 2015.03 Updates Its Solaris/Illumos Environment

The OpenIndiana crew responsible for this community-based OpenSolaris-derived operating system using the Illumos kernel is out with their first update in quite some time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awfully quiet here.

Comment

Originally posted by pouar View Post
      Awfully quiet here.
      I'm not sure people remember OpenIndiana. That last time it was covered here was when BtrFS was totally* months from replacing EXT4, which was only a stop-gap solution according to developers.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
        I'm not sure people remember OpenIndiana. That last time it was covered here was when BtrFS was totally* months from replacing EXT4, which was only a stop-gap solution according to developers.
        Well... the other thing is Solaris really just isn't interesting at this point. Oracle effectively killed it when they bought out Sun Microsystems, and the more interesting OS features from it are slowly being worked into FreeBSD.

Comment

It still uses Gnome 2.32. Doesn't sound like much progress to me.

Comment

X.Org Server 1.12.4 and xf86-video-ati 6.4.16. Wow, I am impressed. :-(

Comment

Working...
            X