Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodi 15 Alpha 2 Released

Phoronix: Kodi 15 Alpha 2 Released

With Kodi 14.2 now having been released, Kodi 15 Alpha 2 is now available for those wishing to live on the bleeding-edge Kodi/XBMC multimedia experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Changelog:

"* Start of integration binary add-ons and changing the build system around it"

WTF? Why would anyone want binary addons.... thats the start of DRM and the lose of control for the user!

Also, with the new version, AppleTV support is removed, with the reason:

"There are no tools to work for this platform – most of the work can only be done by trial and error and carefully watching log files. That’s not the way sane development works in 2015 anymore."

They are completly right, if Apple doesnt provide a SDK, they shouldn't get in the favor of people buying their hardware.

Kodi is a free media player that is designed to look great on your big screen TV but is just as at home on a small screen.
    Last edited by gotwig; 01 April 2015, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
      Changelog:

WTF? Why would anyone want binary addons.... thats the start of DRM and the lose of control for the user!

"There are no tools to work for this platform ? most of the work can only be done by trial and error and carefully watching log files. That?s not the way sane development works in 2015 anymore."

They are completly right, if Apple doesnt provide a SDK, they shouldn't get in the favor of people buying their hardware.

http://kodi.tv/farewell-to-future-appletv2-development/
      That could be bad, I often have to fix addons by myself. But could that mean we will see HTML-EME in Kodi and things like Netflix, Amazon Prime etc will finally land in Kodi?

Comment

Originally posted by widardd View Post
        That could be bad, I often have to fix addons by myself. But could that mean we will see HTML-EME in Kodi and things like Netflix, Amazon Prime etc will finally land in Kodi?
        Yes, thats their hope. There are already some PVR proprietary addons available for the next release, which for example support connecting to some tv sets.

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
          Changelog:

"There are no tools to work for this platform ? most of the work can only be done by trial and error and carefully watching log files. That?s not the way sane development works in 2015 anymore."

http://kodi.tv/farewell-to-future-appletv2-development/
          I believe part of the reason for integrating the binary addon feature is to be able to split the core of Kodi into smaller parts that could be updated independently of each other.

Comment

Working...
          X