Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging Brings Emulated EAX, Better .NET Executables Support

Phoronix: Wine-Staging Brings Emulated EAX, Better .NET Executables Support

Following Friday's release of Wine 1.7.40, the equivalent Wine-Staging update is now out with a few extra changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it possible to apply the nine patches to staging? so far I've used one or the other, but I am interested in EAX for games.

Comment

Not sure - it might conflict with the CSMT, which Staging includes. You could always apply the dsound-EAX and dsound-Fast_Mixer patches to the Nine tree, though.

Comment

Oh, that's really nice, this might be just what's needed to bring Might and Magic VI-VIII up to parity with Windows.

Comment

A pity that this feature must be software emulated.

Linux still hasn't hardware accelerated sound card support.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
            A pity that this feature must be software emulated.

Linux still hasn't hardware accelerated sound card support.
            Given that Windows hasn't supported hardware acceleration for sound cards since Vista, there's no value in adding hardware support to either Linux or Wine. The number of hardware-accelerated sound cards still in use must be negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by hellas View Post
              Not sure - it might conflict with the CSMT, which Staging includes. You could always apply the dsound-EAX and dsound-Fast_Mixer patches to the Nine tree, though.
              I believe CSMT in staging is done in a separate lib, so it should be ok. Not sure though

Comment

Phew!
                There are so many things to fix. And they bring effing EAX support. CORNER CASE!
                Really, they push aside those "nine" patches and label them only a corner case of little benefit for few people but introduce EAX. Creative died long ago...

That .net is better since there are sadly actually things that use this horrible .net stuff.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  Phew!
                  There are so many things to fix. And they bring effing EAX support. CORNER CASE!
                  Really, they push aside those "nine" patches and label them only a corner case of little benefit for few people but introduce EAX. Creative died long ago...

That .net is better since there are sadly actually things that use this horrible .net stuff.
                  "They" didn't bring EAX. *I* brought EAX, because the project interested me. If I hadn't have written the EAX patches, wine-staging wouldn't magically now have Nine support, would it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    Phew!

Amen. I say focus on stuff that people want to use. Faster 3d for the only thing I use WINE for? Lay it on me, devs.

Comment

Working...
                    X