Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features Expected For The Linux 4.1 Kernel

Phoronix: Features Expected For The Linux 4.1 Kernel

While the Linux 4.0 kernel hasn't even been released yet, there's already a number of items we're looking forward to seeing with Linux 4.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No plans for AMDGPU yet? :\ I really want an AMDGPU-capable laptop, but at these rates, I don't think it will be happening...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      No plans for AMDGPU yet? :\ I really want an AMDGPU-capable laptop, but at these rates, I don't think it will be happening...
      Given that the 285 is one card out of a generation you're basically stuck waiting till Carrizo or the 300 series comes out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        Given that the 285 is one card out of a generation you're basically stuck waiting till Carrizo or the 300 series comes out anyway.
        M295X, actually...

Comment

If I remember AMDGPU was planed for 3.21 (now 4.1) and it basically is just waiting for clearance from the legal department.

And AMDs lawyers always take their time.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Bridgman said they were "hoping" to get it out for 4.1.

Read into that what you will. As always, it's impossible to get the real schedule. It will be announced whenever the lawyers finish signing off on it.

Comment

- More improvements for Intel Skylake.
              Please fix "Skylake" to "Skynet"

Comment

Working...
              X