Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd Adds Reboot To EFI Firmware Option

Phoronix: Systemd Adds Reboot To EFI Firmware Option

Systemd has picked up another feature for the upcoming systemd 220 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. I can foresee myself using this feature rather often.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      Nice. I can foresee myself using this feature rather often.
      Indeed, this is quite useful.

Comment

Nice

Really nice.

Now I just wish I could run my system with Coreboot and then load TianoCore (a open source UEFI implementation by Intel) as the payload. Instead of running a proprietary UEFI implementation.

Comment

Restart to Windows

It would be really nice with a entry to restart to Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Really nice.

Now I just wish I could run my system with Coreboot and then load TianoCore (a open source UEFI implementation by Intel) as the payload. Instead of running a proprietary UEFI implementation.
            Gotta talk with your money. Stop buying Intel motherboards, only buy AMD ones (or SoC boards) that support coreboot.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
              Gotta talk with your money. Stop buying Intel motherboards, only buy AMD ones (or SoC boards) that support coreboot.
              I just (half a year ago) switched to intel (thinkpad x220 that supports coreboot even its not that easy to install) tell me from a beema or low power kaveri notebook with business quality if possible with dockingstation maybe outdated or cheap (under 1000 dollar at least) and I think about it. Think about it anyway because intel sandy (and most ivy bridge) gpus dont support 60hz with 4k.

Comment

There's a grub2 option where you can specify the next boot entry. I don't think any display managers actually expose it though
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

What's this reboot thing you talk about?

Comment

You don't want to mix Windows with Linux in dual-boot on UEFI systems. Whenever you boot to Windows via UEFI, it re-registers itself as the default boot option. You then need to go into the UEFI configuration menu before you're able to boot back to Linux. On my particular system that I've tried it on, more than 50% of the time the UEFI lost the GRUB option in the process of Windows re-registering itself, requiring a recovery boot to reinstall GRUB.

Comment

Working...
                    X