Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BQ Now Openly Selling The Aquaris Ubuntu Phone

Phoronix: BQ Now Openly Selling The Aquaris Ubuntu Phone

Back when the BQ Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition smart-phone launched in February it was only available in limited numbers via "flash sales" facilitated by the company. At last, now this first Ubuntu smart-phone is available to order by anyone within the European Union...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When it offers the full Convergence experience (desktop apps) it will be very interesting. I love the idea of a phone that you can dock at home to do serious work.

Comment

Interesting.

At first they were kinda hesitant or wary in case of failure to offer the phone, but seems demand is good enough.

Am waiting for a tablet. Maybe they will offer it on one and maybe other phone models, specially as they get competition from meizu

Comment

Interesting...

I wonder when Ubuntu and other Linux (non-Android)phones will enter the North American market?

Comment

Doesn't seem interesting to me, hardware-wise, it's basically my Jolla with 2 additional ARM cores ... if it had more RAM, *then* I'd have considered it, because my Jolla is often RAM-limited (especially when using the browser ? 3 tabs loaded at once is just not good enough for me, and sometimes when I open a new tab it even shoots down things like the music player ...)

Comment

Working...
          X