Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khronos Group Publishes SPIR-V Revision 30

Phoronix: Khronos Group Publishes SPIR-V Revision 30

The Khronos Group has published the 30th revision of SPIR-V, the intermediate representation at the heart of the new Vulkan graphics API and OpenCL 2.1 compute API...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone believe Vulkan 1.0 for Siggraph 2015 (August) is a possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      one would need to believe that they are at least trying to time it for it. it's more or less their most important annual event

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        I think more of a technical preview and some demo's will be a possibility.
        I don't see Vulkan being released so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if they release some public (preview) documentation at the event, with the final release date closer to November.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post

Demos where present at GDC... a long with demo driver. And quite a few closed source drivers that where able to run apps.

We will see final specs at SIGGRAPH or earlier.
            Drivers next.
            Conformance test last.

Specs will come latter only if Khronos decide to release finals only after final conformace test.

Comment

Working...
            X