Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midori 0.5.10 Browser Released

Phoronix: Midori 0.5.10 Browser Released

For users of the open-source Midori web-browser, a new release is available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

does it still run slick even with multiple tabs open or at that stage it eats same ram as firefox or chromium?
    and what about google hangouts, can it run it?
    unfortunately google closed video chat runs well on all my systems, android included.. pidgin/empathy/jitsy still have no android support, and that's a deal breaker (Skype? no thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
      does it still run slick even with multiple tabs open or at that stage it eats same ram as firefox or chromium?
      and what about google hangouts, can it run it?
      unfortunately google closed video chat runs well on all my systems, android included.. pidgin/empathy/jitsy still have no android support, and that's a deal breaker (Skype? no thanks)
      To use webkit and consume less RAM than Chrome? How is that even possible?
      And it looks like Chrome is step ahead, it defers tab loading until selected and unloads inactive tabs. My 44.0.2369.0 dev uses now 4GB instead of 10GB RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        My 44.0.2369.0 dev uses now 4GB instead of 10GB RAM.
        Try Firefox ? It is much less memory consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by mayankleoboy1 View Post
          Try Firefox ? It is much less memory consuming.
          Memory is not the problem, but runtime performance (like javascript) and features (like MSE) are. I install it preiodically but there is still no proper HTML5 support like soundcloud, and it dies on heavy scripted sites like disqus page with 300 posts.
          However Chrome with 4 windows 50 tabs each is snappy and feature full.
          And I use Midori when I want proxy :P

Comment

My 44.0.2369.0 dev uses now 4GB instead of 10GB RAM.
            6GB less RAM compared to which previous version, please? Also, is 44.0.2369.0 noticeably unstable?

Comment

Is there a changelog somewhere? I can't find any. Is the download bug fixed (where it simply doesn't download a file when choosing a location to save it)? It was the reason I abandoned Midori and am stuck with the (once fine, now terrible) 'web' (what a stupid and confusing name for a browser!) for low-end systems.

Comment

Originally posted by teresaejunior View Post
                6GB less RAM compared to which previous version, please? Also, is 44.0.2369.0 noticeably unstable?
                I think only late 43 was already not lading tabs on the start (instead was showing white icon for all of them). Less ram because backround tabs are duds that consume no memory.
                Last edited by magika; 20 April 2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I think only late 43 was already not lading tabs on the start (instead was showing white icon for all of them). Less ram because backround tabs are duds that consume no memory.
                  Only now did I pay attention that you said it unloads inactive tabs, but that seems to be a good idea if done properly. Thanks!

Comment

Disqus should be blocked

Memory is not the problem, but runtime performance (like javascript) and features (like MSE) are. I install it preiodically but there is still no proper HTML5 support like soundcloud, and it dies on heavy scripted sites like disqus page with 300 posts.
                    However Chrome with 4 windows 50 tabs each is snappy and feature full.
                    And I use Midori when I want proxy :P
                    If you are loading "comments by disqus" you are not only bogging down your browser, you are being tracked across every website that uses disqus for comment management. I keep them blocked at all times and have never once unblocked them, and I never will. Treat such websites as not having a comment system, your browser and your privacy will thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X