Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon GPUs With Linux 4.0 + Mesa 10.6-devel

Phoronix: AMD Radeon GPUs With Linux 4.0 + Mesa 10.6-devel

On Friday I posted the results showing Ubuntu 15.04 Offers Faster OpenGL For AMD Radeon GPUs On Open-Source. For those wishing to run with a slightly newer kernel and Mesa driver stack, here are fresh open-source AMD Radeon benchmark results with Linux 4.0 and Mesa 10.6-devel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

*Sigh*

So again you completely ignore where all the interesting stuff is going on - LLVM 3.7.

Comment

And no GCN 1.1 (Sea Islands) card as well. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by mazumoto View Post
        three of the cards he used are half a decade old

r9 290 is the price/performance GPU right now, probably the best way to get phoronix more traffic(hint hint)

Comment

In fairness, other than the lack of CI (Bonaire/Hawaii/Kaveri/Kabini) coverage I would argue that the typical mix of Phoronix reader's hardware is biased even further towards the older parts. There seem to be a fair number of active 48xx, 5xxx and even RS690 users here.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
            Don't ever call my 4890 old sir :P New mid-end cards are almost 2x-3x faster, and do drain less power. Any ideas if new R9 3xx series are going to be rebrands again? I'm interested in R9 350-370 range. Oh and are they going to fully support DX12 and Vulkan?

Thanks in advance!
            They should. You need Windows 10 for DirectX 12 though.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
              Don't ever call my 4890 old sir :P New mid-end cards are almost 2x-3x faster, and do drain less power. Any ideas if new R9 3xx series are going to be rebrands again? I'm interested in R9 350-370 range. Oh and are they going to fully support DX12 and Vulkan?

Thanks in advance!
              AMD made a statement that all future GPUs will support freesync, and only a very tiny amount of the 2xx series supports that, so there will probably be minimal rebrands.
              Only the 290, 285, and 260 support freesync which means those will probably be rebranded. 290 will likely become 380.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                In fairness, other than the lack of CI (Bonaire/Hawaii/Kaveri/Kabini) coverage I would argue that the typical mix of Phoronix reader's hardware is biased even further towards the older parts. There seem to be a fair number of active 48xx, 5xxx and even RS690 users here.
                Hello, r200 user here :P

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                  AMD made a statement that all future GPUs will support freesync, and only a very tiny amount of the 2xx series supports that, so there will probably be minimal rebrands.
                  Only the 290, 285, and 260 support freesync which means those will probably be rebranded. 290 will likely become 380.
                  My memory says 380 and 390 will be new cards with HBM, so I'd say 290 will be 370 or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mazumoto View Post
                    He tests a selection of cards that he's got. If you want to send him a Sea Islands card I'm sure he'd be happy to add it to the test profiles in future.

Comment

Working...
                    X