Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 2.3 Officially Released

Phoronix: QEMU 2.3 Officially Released

QEMU 2.3 was officially released today as the latest major release for this important component to the open-source Linux virtualization stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Android

I want faster Android acceleration and graphics acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Sounds like something you can spend rest of your days wanting

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        https://www.genymotion.com/#!/ closed source, but much better in my opinion.

Comment

Can you run qemu a stand alone hypervisor or do you need KVM along with it.
          What are the downsides in running it just in virt manager, without kvm

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
            Well, first of all why would you want to? Seriously: If you have hardware support for kvm, why not use it? The Virtual Machine Manager gui sets up qemu-kvm by default, and it works quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
              Not sure why you'd want to do it, but w/o KVM the performance will be abysmal, at best.

- Gilboa
              oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
              oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
              oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
              Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
              X