Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenBenchmarking.org & Phoronix.com Are Now Running On MariaDB

Phoronix: OpenBenchmarking.org & Phoronix.com Are Now Running On MariaDB

Besides being powered by more powerful server hardware, also delivering faster response times to Phoronix and OpenBenchmarking.org is thanks to MariaDB...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Welcome aboard the MariaDB train Perhaps you should see to PTS getting listed here?

Comment

What about TokuDB ? IS it any good?
      Last i heard 2 years back, it was the next big thing for databases. Has it achieved its potential?

(maybe do an article on TokuDB)

Comment

Originally posted by mayankleoboy1 View Post
        What about TokuDB ? IS it any good?
        It has incredibly good insert performance, so there's that. But not enforcing foreign key constraints is pretty much a deal-breaker.

Comment

Just a heads-up (I've found many people didn't know this), by default MySQL/MariaDB use a storage engine that doesn't support transactions. Incidentally, the one used by MariaDB is a performance-enhanced version of MySQL's. It's fast, but it may loose/corrupt some data every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Just a heads-up (I've found many people didn't know this), by default MySQL/MariaDB use a storage engine that doesn't support transactions. Incidentally, the one used by MariaDB is a performance-enhanced version of MySQL's. It's fast, but it may loose/corrupt some data every now and then.
            Well... I mean that was always the tradeoff between Postgres and MySQL wasn't it? Reliability vs speed.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              Are you sure? AFAIk, recent MariaDB default to XtraDB which is nothing more than an enhanced version of InnoDB, which by default supports transactions

Comment

It's been true for MySQL/MariaDB <5.5. 5.6 and up (includung MariaDB 10.x) switched to InnoDB/XtraDB by default. Look for default_storage_engine in the MariaDB Knowledge Base.

Comment

Originally posted by microchip8 View Post
                  Are you sure? AFAIk, recent MariaDB default to XtraDB which is nothing more than an enhanced version of InnoDB, which by default supports transactions
                  Damn, you're right. That thing has learned a trick or two since I have last used it. Well, now I'm up to date, thanks.

Comment

Meh, MariaDB is still MySQL. Postgresql FTW!

Meh. MySQL is MySQL is MySQL.

Run PostgreSQL if you need a proper database. Seriously, last releases of PostgreSQL have been great and getting even better. Try it if you want better correctness, reliability or scalability or performance for queries more complex than "select x from y where z=q".

Comment

Working...
                    X