Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Optimizations Coming For Phoronix

Phoronix: Mobile Optimizations Coming For Phoronix

Following the rollout of the new Phoronix.com server and HTTPS support, mobile optimizations to the site are next on my lengthy TODO list...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Source code?
    How come you don't put the source code of the CMS on GitHub?

Comment

When Google pressures them oh I bet web site owners treat mobile better. ahem.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
        I've brought up the poor mobile site implementation (or lack thereof) to Michael several times in the past over the last few years, and each time he's said its on his radar to do when he gets more time. Now, I'm not saying that google's announcement didn't help nudge it along, but he's been meaning to do it for awhile now.
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Eh, of course, just saying that maybe that Google announcement got things moving for this site and others, all for the better anyway.

Comment

The new stylesheet (from today/yesterday?) seems to make things worse when viewing phoronix on chrome in Android 5.1 (Nexus 4, so not a tablet).

On the main page, there are no more line breaks in the text snippets for news articles, so lots of horizontal scrolling / panning. That's a regression, it used to work better just a few days ago.

Or maybe I just need to force-reload, clear cache, something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
              Indeed. It's been on my radar for ages but alas only so much time, but with Google's algorithm changes, it obviously becomes higher priority.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Isedonde View Post
                The new stylesheet (from today/yesterday?) seems to make things worse when viewing phoronix on chrome in Android 5.1 (Nexus 4, so not a tablet).

On the main page, there are no more line breaks in the text snippets for news articles, so lots of horizontal scrolling / panning. That's a regression, it used to work better just a few days ago.

Or maybe I just need to force-reload, clear cache, something like that?
                Try again tomorrow... Still few HTML5 things I'm learning / tinkering with. I know what's happening but just haven't had the time yet after another long day to rework some of the larger items.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Pls don't mind but outsource the theme development to some HTML professionals who can make the site and even the forum template for both desktop and mobile.
                  You concentrate on writing.

Example -
                  Demo

Comment

Originally posted by ayandon View Post
                    Pls don't mind but outsource the theme development to some HTML professionals who can make the site and even the forum template for both desktop and mobile.
                    You concentrate on writing.

Example -
                    Demo
                    Of which all requires more time and money.... And not having a modern designer on hand that would eliminate many of my concerns compared to some of the past iterations.If I still had a designer on hand or a Phoronix reader willing to do the work and show for it up front, I'd be more willing to consider it.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X