Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macaw-Movies: A KDE Movie Organizing Application

Phoronix: Macaw-Movies: A KDE Movie Organizing Application

Macaw-Movies is the latest KDE incubator project, which is focused on providing movie organization/management features to open-source fans...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm just excited to see Studio Ghibli in that screenshot.

Edit: I'd really like to see something like this as a plugin for plex.
    Last edited by profoundWHALE; 06 May 2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      I'm just excited to see Studio Ghibli in that screenshot.
      Agreed!
      It's a great project, but I still wish we could have something like iTunes that (1) manages both our music AND movies, but separately and (2) is stupidly simple to use, but doesn't look like crap. With a built-in player preferably using libmpv.
      I would make one myself, but I am poor at programming (It's taking me longer to learn than I thought it would )

Comment

Thx a lot for spreading the news and helping us to communicate about this! It's really unexpected and rather cool!

To answer one of the comments, the movies are not played from the app, but with your default program (VLC, MPlayer, whatever...)

Olivier, project leader of Macaw-Movies

Comment

Just to make it clear, macaw-movies does not (yet?) depend on KDE. I just compiled it on OS X without any problems.

I think they are going at it from the right direction, but at its current state it really is just a neonate in an incubator feature-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            It's a great project, but I still wish we could have something like iTunes that (1) manages both our music AND movies, but separately and (2) is stupidly simple to use, but doesn't look like crap.
            What do you see as the advantage of this approach? Videos and music are different things used in different ways under different circumstances. It would seem to me that a music player optimized for music and a video player optimized for video would be the most efficient approach.

I am not saying you are wrong, just that it is not immediately obvious to me why you prefer this approach.

Comment

This looks like QuodLibet, but for Video.

But SQL, ouch! I have Akonadi allergy thanks to its 400 MiB of empty contacts.

Comment

Great idea

What a great idea! Before I used php tool for this but it was not that simple.
                Macaw looks like Amarok but for videos so it should be perfect!

Just tried to install it but no luck it needs to be cmake compiled.
                As there is no real doc or howto about dependencies it failed on Qt5...

Will wait an official version on KDE.

Comment

Excellant! I've been using TheRenamer on Wind Blows for quickly sourcing name and episode data for movies and telly shows. I hate windows. I only have one reason to even have uSoft on my computron if this comes through! And hopefully you do other kewl stuff like bulk meta-data edits, subs, lyrics for music vids. And stuff (I have a huge list, but I've been drinking)

I've moved over to KDE now (sorry mint, you're on my work machines =) for my daily workings and this is yet another feather in the KDE kap.

(posted from Wind Blows again.....)
                  Hi

Comment

Originally posted by ochurlaud View Post
                    Thx a lot for spreading the news and helping us to communicate about this! It's really unexpected and rather cool!

To answer one of the comments, the movies are not played from the app, but with your default program (VLC, MPlayer, whatever...)

Olivier, project leader of Macaw-Movies
                    Do you plan to generate .deb or .rpm packages?

( Bravo ? l'?quipe )

Comment

Working...
                    X