Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubuntu Makes Progress On Switching Over To LXQt

Phoronix: Lubuntu Makes Progress On Switching Over To LXQt

The Lubuntu derivative of Ubuntu that traditionally has been powered by the LXDE desktop environment is in the process of transitioning to LXQt...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you Michael for ignoring the fact that I had some technical problems...

I've tested everything before the session, but then the Google Screencast function didn't want me to show my Virtualbox... then mostly everything was screwed up, including my plan what I wanted to say. A bit tricky when english isn't the native language.

Comment

Nice, mellow video. Very informative. Answered my questions about why the move from LXDE to LXQt. I'm excited about the new features.

Thank you both for the update.

Comment

Of the Win95-style desktops, LXQt is the best. Unlike dead projects like Xfce this project is thriving and working with outside teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Of the Win95-style desktops, LXQt is the best. Unlike dead projects like Xfce this project is thriving and working with outside teams.
          'Dead projects' that released 4.12 not too long go.

Comment

I've often wondered whether LXQT is going to be a resource hog compared to LXDE being based on GTK, and found this:
            After the initial release of LXQt, I found that there is a FAQ. How's the memory usage? Will it become a bloated memory hog because of Qt? Here are some numbers for you. My test environment is the latest Debian stable installed in VirtualBox with 512 MB of RAM and 1 CPU core assigned. After [...]

so, not really.

Comment

I liked this video. Mellow pace. Easy to rewind to a something I didn't understand. and J?rn was fine. It's fun to see a project in such active development.

I'm excited about the changes in LXQt. I tried it in Arch just after 0.9.0 was released, and again in siduction this week. LXQt has something I missed when Gnome moved from Gnome2 to Gnome3: a simple, straightforward GUI to configure the appearance of my desktop. So I'm happy about the changes I saw from the video.

I tried to post a comment before, but it seems to have been lost. Never mind. I probably got disconnected.
              Last edited by tigrmesh; 12 May 2015, 05:37 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...
              X