Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXA Improvements (Almost) For Intel 965

Phoronix: EXA Improvements (Almost) For Intel 965

Intel's Eric Anholt has been working on pulling Render improvements for the Intel 965 IGP chipset out of the intel-batchbuffer branch of the xf86-video-intel driver and pushing them into the mainline driver. These mainline Render improvements aren't yet there, but Eric has the code right now in his personal Intel git repository on FreeDesktop.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I need some git/gentoo help. I'm using the git ebuild from the x11 overlay, and it stores/updates the git repo locally in objects, not files. git pull <branch> seems to get the new branch, but I'm not sure if it's actually merging it. It shows no stats, and will happily do the same thing repeatedly.

How can I make it pull/merge different branches when it's storing stuff this way? Or can't I?

Comment

Originally posted by audi100quattro View Post
      I need some git/gentoo help. I'm using the git ebuild from the x11 overlay, and it stores/updates the git repo locally in objects, not files. git pull <branch> seems to get the new branch, but I'm not sure if it's actually merging it. It shows no stats, and will happily do the same thing repeatedly.

How can I make it pull/merge different branches when it's storing stuff this way? Or can't I?
      add to xf86-video-intel ebuild
      Code:
      EGIT_BRANCH="intel-batchbuffer"
      but probably you will need to compile some of its dep from git too

Comment

Thanks Dottout, but how will that work if there are no branches made in that repository? i.e. http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/x....git/branches/

I don't think the drivers need anything from git, other than libpciaccess.

Comment

well, Im not a git guru but I cloned locally the repo and:
          Code:
          # git checkout -b intel-batchbuffer origin/intel-batchbuffer
          Branch intel-batchbuffer set up to track remote branch refs/remotes/origin/intel-batchbuffer.
          Switched to a new branch "intel-batchbuffer"

# git branch
          * intel-batchbuffer
            master
          the git log output is right, so the ebuild is going to work.
          infact, if I emerge it:
          Code:
           *    local clone: /usr/portage/distfiles/git-src/xf86-video-intel
           *    committish: intel-batchbuffer
          as I said in the previous post, some deps need to be updated, coz compile fails
          Code:
          In file included from i830_bios.c:37:
          i830.h:650: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ?dri_bufmgr?
          i830.h:666: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ?dri_bo?
          make[3]: *** [i830_bios.lo] Error 1

Comment

Working...
          X