Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R500 DRI Support Goes Widespread

Phoronix: R500 DRI Support Goes Widespread

AMD's Alex Deucher has taken the Mesa r500test branch maintained by David Airlie for the open-source ATI R500 work and has pushed it into Mesa's r500-support branch. This branch is for those looking to play with the initial open-source R500 DRI (Direct Rendering Infrastructure) support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

how far away is compiz on r500?

couple of weeks?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: R500 DRI Support Goes Widespread

AMD's Alex Deucher has taken the Mesa r500test branch maintained by David Airlie for the open-source ATI R500 work and has pushed it into Mesa's r500-support branch. This branch is for those looking to play with the initial open-source R500 DRI (Direct Rendering Infrastructure) support...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjQ1Ng

Comment

Further prolly. There's some dicey stuff with textures to be able to do compiz I think, which may cause some issues with the newer cards. I recall they had some difficulty getting compiz to work on r300s a while ago, but that was before docs were released.

I'll take a wild guess and say compiz may work in a month or two. I'm hoping for a fully featured OpenGl 2.1 driver by the end of the year!

Comment

Working...
      X