Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Status of WINE 1.0: Arriving Soon

Phoronix: The Status of WINE 1.0: Arriving Soon

WINE 1.0-rc4 was released last Friday and today the news coming out of WINE HQ is that WINE 1.0-rc5 -- the final release candidate before WINE 1.0 -- will be released tomorrow. Following the release of RC5, WINE 1.0.0 is expected to enter this world just a few days later...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

why the rush

Boo!
    "There are no open 1.0 bugs." --> yeah, because they have been all moved over to the next releases. I am so disappointed by their attitude in this regard lately. C'mon, why the rush. Why not take as much time as it needs to fix the rest of the bugs and release a higher quality version

Comment

I think you overrate a 1.0 release. Some projects switch fast to it, some slower, but it is often impossible to create a completely bugfree release.

Comment

I don't expect a bug-free release - I know its a tremendous undertaking - but its a shame that they keep shrinking their target goal wrt v1.0. Remember when 1.0 was supposed to represent a complete compatibility release. Boy, those were the times.

Comment

Working...
        X