Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Forum Upgrade Ongoing + Ad Quality Improvements

Phoronix: Phoronix Forum Upgrade Ongoing + Ad Quality Improvements

As an update to the post last night about the Phoronix Forums going through a major upgrade, the forums should be running though more tweaks and alterations are still ongoing this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yes environment is very beautiful (much better than before in clarity, and immediacy), as suggestion I suggest to use the same below page panel, over so to go quickly to the desired page without useless scrolling page.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      suggest to use the same below page panel, over so to go quickly to the desired page without useless scrolling page.
      What?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

What?

he means that below on the page

Page 1 of 1 and the search mask

also should be displayed

Well, I'm using Chromium and during scrolling down of the page that section is nevertheless displayed

so that's fine

it probably comes down to preference - and how the other forums handle this

Michael, I had to search for some time until I found the Login or Sign Up Button/Text

in my humble opinion it's a little too much unimposing, un-intrusive at that right top corner

Perhaps you could combine the

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
        text - by adding:

Login - or during first visit you may have to register

well, something like that - so that both options are easily accessible from a nearby place (or text)

Comment

Wow, I just saw the forums after like a month, just wow.
          The whole game's changed.

Can we have main website with the same design?

Comment

Seeing the 'ad quality improvements' thing, I tried again whitelisting the site (I do whitelist most sites/forums I visit regularly). Cue 20-second page load times as it loads JS from two dozen external domains, lobs cookies at me and pops up videos.

Sorry, but there's no way I'm doing that. Even if I trusted your ad sandboxing and coped with the very intrusive positioning, the site is effectively unusable here with ads enabled. I don't know what percentage of users here block ads (it's a tech site, so presumably quite high), but you might get rather more people whitelisting if the ads weren't so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by yash View Post
              Wow, I just saw the forums after like a month, just wow.
              The whole game's changed.

Can we have main website with the same design?
              New main site design coming in a month or so (hopefully less).
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

What?
                Exactly I mean that you should use the same panel placed under every single page to move from a page to another page also up to the superior page so to choose the page where to go immediately: instead of "page 1 of ... page", first 1 2 3... and last (page).
                Last edited by Azrael5; 09 May 2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Michael, there's still non-secure (i.e. http) content being blocked on Firefox and Chromium. Most of it isn't that important, like fonts, but the login script is being blocked by both by default. In fact, on Firefox, I couldn't even figure out how to log in, since even if you enable blocked scripts, it won't find the login assets url for some reason. Here's a screenshot of a non-blocking (left) and blocking (default, right) network analysis from Firefox's devtools. http://i.imgur.com/FKaEcj1.png

Comment

Just wanted to say that this is quite an improvement on the former visuals.
                    Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                    X