Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Iris Graphics Performance With Mesa 10.6

Phoronix: Intel Iris Graphics Performance With Mesa 10.6

With Mesa 10.6 due to be released in early June, our usual performance comparisons of this new Mesa 3D version will come. To get our latest round of Mesa open-source graphics driver benchmarking kicked off, here are benchmarks of Intel's Iris Graphics when comparing Mesa 10.5 and 10.6 Git atop Ubuntu 15.04.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this Iris with single channel memory or something? Because results are so unexpectedly low.

What the heck is that max fps in openarena... 3337 fps?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Is this Iris with single channel memory or something? Because results are so unexpectedly low.

What the heck is that max fps in openarena... 3337 fps?
      He's trying to run them at 1080p..... It's the only Intel GPU that can. I consider Iris Intels only Ok-ish GPU. It's what they should have had on the market 8 years ago, and reached saturation.

EDIT: On most other Intel GPUs you'd be lucky to play modern games at 600x800 at 60fps. Intel's GPU's just can't do it for most modern games. That's more than half of every computer in use today can't game well.

In the (hopefully soon) future APU's will get integrated RAM at high bandwidth like Iris Pro has. That will help a lot.
      Last edited by duby229; 14 May 2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

He's trying to run them at 1080p..... It's the only Intel GPU that can. I consider Iris Intels only Ok-ish GPU.

EDIT: On most other Intel GPUs you'd be lucky to play modern games at 600x800 at 60fps. Intel's GPU's just can't do it for most modern games. That's more than half of every computer in use today can't game well.

In the (hopefully soon) future APU's will get integrated RAM at high bandwidth like Iris Pro has. That will help a lot.
        AMD's mentioned, in passing, maybe putting HBM memory on their Zen or Zen+ APU's
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

AMD's mentioned, in passing, maybe putting HBM memory on their Zen or Zen+ APU's
          I sure hope it's a definitely and not a maybe. DDR4 specs arent good enough. Not even close. Since we'll be stuck with it for the next 8 years, I think Integrated RAM will become necessary. I think it's the only way, and not for technical reasons.
          Last edited by duby229; 14 May 2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Any Iris Pro benchmarks?

Comment

My8th

You probably want to wait a little, as new pros in i7/i5 ones seems to came in 15 days

http://wccftech.com/intel-14nm-broad...arks-revealed/

But, well dunno if Michael will get some of those
              Last edited by dungeon; 14 May 2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X