Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver To Be Enabled For Android

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver To Be Enabled For Android

With the latest Mesa patch series by Chih-Wei Huang of Android-x86, the AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D driver is to be enabled...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh, x86. I thought it was the regular one, in which case this move would be exceedingly strange. But in this case, it's odd it wasn't done sooner.

Comment

I would love to try Android-x86 in a USB stick once RadeonSI is available in a new ISO.

Don't suppose I can play Final Fantasy IV, though. Let alone Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy III. It's available in the Play Store.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
        I would love to try Android-x86 in a USB stick once RadeonSI is available in a new ISO.

Don't suppose I can play Final Fantasy IV, though. Let alone Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy III. It's available in the Play Store.
        I found a site which said that the Android port Final Fantasy IV will run on an Adreno 205 or higher GPU. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adreno that chip supports OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenVG 1.1 and EGL 1.4, so you should be right with a RadeonSI.

Comment

Originally posted by madbiologist View Post

I found a site which said that the Android port Final Fantasy IV will run on an Adreno 205 or higher GPU. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adreno that chip supports OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenVG 1.1 and EGL 1.4, so you should be right with a RadeonSI.
          I guess it just matters whether the devs made an x86 compile.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
            This stuff is what he is proposing to upstream mesa, which is not necessarily consistent with what he is actually using with android-x86. Android-x86 has been working well with southern and sea islands for quite a while now.

Comment

Working...
            X