Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedreno Now Supports The A306 GPU

Phoronix: Freedreno Now Supports The A306 GPU

For users of the Freedreno Gallium3D driver for having unofficial open-source Qualcomm graphics support, the Adreno 306 is the latest graphics processor now supported...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, It is so awesome to see Adreno so well supported. Snapdragon is common in a lot of phones, without this driver those products aren't easy to get X running on if at all.

My phone is kind of old, but I have gentoo with X running on it thanks to this driver.

EDIT: I'm still booted to andriod more often then not because of the play store. too many cool apps to miss.
    Last edited by duby229; 17 May 2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Freedreno Now Supports The A306 GPU

For users of the Freedreno Gallium3D driver for having unofficial open-source Qualcomm graphics support, the Adreno 306 is the latest graphics processor now supported...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...o-A306-Support
      jfyi, there are some bits on the kernel side as well, which should end up in 4.2.. for now my working branch (with this and various other things that people are working on for upstream support for apq8016/msm8916):

(This SoC is the same one that will be in the dragonboard 410c)

Comment

Working...
      X