Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 352.09 Linux Driver Brings G-SYNC Improvements, Fixes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 352.09 Linux Driver Brings G-SYNC Improvements, Fixes

NVIDIA introduced yesterday their first beta driver in the new 352 Linux / Solaris / FreeBSD graphics driver series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do not care for Nvidia's proprietary G-Sync technology which requires a Nvidia graphics card and a compatible display device.
    I do not want that vendor lock-in.

I would rather want the VESA Adaptive-Sync open standard (marketed by AMD under the name FreeSync).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I do not care for Nvidia's proprietary G-Sync technology which requires a Nvidia graphics card and a compatible display device.

I would rather want the VESA Adaptive-Sync open standard (marketed by AMD under the name FreeSync).
      Redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

We'd have to implement it ourselves, Nvidia has already publicly stated they will not support Adaptive-Sync.

I was kinda hoping for proper wayland support with this driver though.
        Last edited by rabcor; 19 May 2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Where's the complimentary The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Linux download ?

Geforce 352.86 was published for initial The Witcher 3 support on Windows

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
            Where's the complimentary The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Linux download ?

Geforce 352.86 was published for initial The Witcher 3 support on Windows
            There's two things that don't exist: girls on the Internet and games on Linux.

Right?

Comment

Not enough experimental stuff in this release for me to consider updating.

Comment

The new features are not interesting. People are waiting for Wayland, KMS and Vulkan support.

Comment

OpenCL 1.2 support is big news. Although available since 349.16, it hasn't yet been announced here, except some rumors last year -> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTY2OTg

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    There's two things that don't exist: girls on the Internet and games on Linux.

Right?
                    No. Wrong. F grade.

Comment

Working...
                    X