Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Can Now Import Apple Pages & Numbers Files

Phoronix: LibreOffice Can Now Import Apple Pages & Numbers Files

While there's been work on supporting Apple Pages and Numbers files within LibreOffice, it seems this import support is finally getting squared away for those forced to having to deal with Apple's proprietary document formats...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

...for those forced to having to deal with Apple's proprietary document formats
    Thanks for the laugh. We feel so enslaved to have to use it. I can assure you that. Not.

Comment

This is actually pretty cool. I've had people send me .pages files and I always told them how I couldn't read them. At least now that won't be a problem anymore.

Comment

I appreciate everything that LO and OO do, but there's one big thing on the wishlist that I think is a higher priority than being compatible with something that hardly anyone uses, and that is being able to handle large spreadsheets from Excel. Being limited to 1024 or 16384 columns and not many rows means I need to keep falling back to Excel. I read somewhere on their own forums that they will 'never' fix this this which is a shame, but I can understand that some design decision made early on means that its a big task to update that issue.

Comment

There will also be a student working to improve the Apple Numbers (09) format for the GSOC this year.

Comment

Originally posted by flyflytn View Post
            I appreciate everything that LO and OO do, but there's one big thing on the wishlist that I think is a higher priority than being compatible with something that hardly anyone uses, and that is being able to handle large spreadsheets from Excel. Being limited to 1024 or 16384 columns and not many rows means I need to keep falling back to Excel. I read somewhere on their own forums that they will 'never' fix this this which is a shame, but I can understand that some design decision made early on means that its a big task to update that issue.
            To be fair, not even Excel is designed to handle that many columns. Going beyond that isn't a spreadsheet anymore, it's a database. That's what Access and Base are for.

Comment

Apple first premiered Pages in 2015?

According to Wikipedia:

"The first version of Pages was announced on January 11, 2005, and was released one month later.[2]The most recent Macintosh version, Pages 5, was released on October 22, 2013."

I'm unsure if that information is accurate.

And by the way, the thread does not seem to be linked to the article when I click in "Add a Comment."

Comment

What version it can read?

Because even Apple Page from 2013 can't read Page file from Page 3 & 4. It say that the file is too old..so you need to buy the whole collection of versions just to update or even read old file.

Comment

Working...
                X