Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scribus 1.5 Released, Ported To Qt 5 With Big UI Overhaul Coming

Phoronix: Scribus 1.5 Released, Ported To Qt 5 With Big UI Overhaul Coming

A few days ago the Scribus team quietly tagged Scribus 1.5.0 in SVN. This release is a preview / testing release, but it provides an interest look at the next stable release: 1.6.0. No release date or schedule is known for 1.6.0. For those uninformed, Scribus is an open-source desktop publishing suite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

awesome! Loving that scribus still, though slowly, steadily moving forward. Good job devs!

This sounds like a list of features and UI improvements I've been anticipating for years. Especially some overhaul of some UI elements was due for quite some time now. Though scribus gets the job done very well for quite a while now, it always felt quirky. Whenever I advertised scribus to other people, I kind of felt like having to give an apology in advance for some parts of the UI, like the in-between state of the old text editor vs. inline editing or the kaleidoscope of a thousand buttons in the property editor.

I hope when the QT5 port is all done, there's more time for polish and even more awesomeness of great new features.

Comment

Working...
    X