Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Are 140k Benchmark Results So Far On LinuxBenchmarking.com

Phoronix: There Are 140k Benchmark Results So Far On LinuxBenchmarking.com

Yesterday data access to LinuxBenchmarking.com was opened, the public results viewer to the immense amount of test data -- primarily the Linux kernel, LLVM Clang, and GCC -- collected on a daily basis within the new server room. Here's some numbers behind it...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just be careful of the presentation of the graphs, it's a bit messy right now and it feels like with the amount of data you're gathering, it won't get better

A few ideas for the open source drivers:
    • keep the same color tone for each drivers (e.g. orange gradients for radeon, green gradients for nvidia, blue gradients for intel)
    • remove the two enormous table at the beginning (what the users want first are the results), and find another solution to present the different configurations; maybe a summary on top and a detailed description at the bottom
    • being able to hide some drivers dynamically
    • one graph that would make the performance average for all the different drivers, this would allow to see globally the status of each drivers

Thanks again for this, I think there is a huge potential!
    I might use some of these results in http://mesamatrix.net, is there an API for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
      Just be careful of the presentation of the graphs, it's a bit messy right now and it feels like with the amount of data you're gathering, it won't get better

A few ideas for the open source drivers:
      • keep the same color tone for each drivers (e.g. orange gradients for radeon, green gradients for nvidia, blue gradients for intel)
      • remove the two enormous table at the beginning (what the users want first are the results), and find another solution to present the different configurations; maybe a summary on top and a detailed description at the bottom
      • being able to hide some drivers dynamically
      • one graph that would make the performance average for all the different drivers, this would allow to see globally the status of each drivers

Thanks again for this, I think there is a huge potential!
      I might use some of these results in http://mesamatrix.net, is there an API for it?
      Thanks.

Continue to slowly work on UI/UX improvements but not my main specialty, especially when most of the professional work is focused on the full-blown version of Phoromatic rather than this 200 LOC viewer. However, patches are always welcome. It'd be pretty easy to provide an API for it, and patches welcome there. In terms of how simple the LinuxBenchmarking.com side is, it's all right here and just about 200 lines of PHP and HTML - https://github.com/phoronix-test-sui...-public-viewer (index.php)
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Thanks.

Continue to slowly work on UI/UX improvements but not my main specialty, especially when most of the professional work is focused on the full-blown version of Phoromatic rather than this 200 LOC viewer. However, patches are always welcome. It'd be pretty easy to provide an API for it, and patches welcome there. In terms of how simple the LinuxBenchmarking.com side is, it's all right here and just about 200 lines of PHP and HTML - https://github.com/phoronix-test-sui...-public-viewer (index.php)
        Hehe, UI/UX is rarely a specialty in the Linux world

I'll take a look at these files as soon as I've got some time (and I'll probably donate when my finances are a bit higher )

Comment

I prefer Angular.js + node.js instead of PHP, otherwise I would help gladly to improve the UI.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            I prefer Angular.js + node.js instead of PHP, otherwise I would help gladly to improve the UI.
            I don't think you can compare a server-side language with a client-side language. Of course you can still display an empty page and then fetch all the data and present them in javascript, but it seems rather counter-efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
              I don't think you can compare a server-side language with a client-side language.
              node.js isn't a client side language: it's server side. Of course you can use Angular with PHP, but to be proficient you should make your server side implementation expose Restful APIs or maybe even websockets which is what I usually do with node.
              node.js and php are simply to different ways of programming, each one with its own pros and cons.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

node.js isn't a client side language: it's server side. Of course you can use Angular with PHP, but to be proficient you should make your server side implementation expose Restful APIs or maybe even websockets which is what I usually do with node.
                node.js and php are simply to different ways of programming, each one with its own pros and cons.
                I'll dig a bit more into this node.js. I've seen a AWS tutorial in node.js today and it was interesting.

Comment

Working...
                X