Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's Mutter Now Supports Drag-n-Drop To/From Wayland & X11

Phoronix: GNOME's Mutter Now Supports Drag-n-Drop To/From Wayland & X11

This week's GNOME 3.18 development update for the Mutter window manager brought X11 / Wayland clipboard interoperation so that the clipboard contents can be shared across Wayland and X11/X.Org clients. With the latest Git code, there's now drag-and-drop interoperation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

next up: Gnome Supports Moving X11 Windows Around in Wayland

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
      next up: Gnome Supports Moving X11 Windows Around in Wayland

Works fine for me.

Comment

With the latest updates, I don't think there is anything left that prevent one to use Gnome on Wayland. Gnome 3.18 will be an awesome release.

Comment

Does any VDPAU capable player work on wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
            With the latest updates, I don't think there is anything left that prevent one to use Gnome on Wayland. Gnome 3.18 will be an awesome release.
            the pointer locking is missing atm so lets hope they have it worked in by 3.18

Comment

I would like the ability to set gamma from some kind of config file globally. With X.Org, I can set the Gamma option with xorg.conf, and it would affect everything (although on another note, I haven't been able to get this working on GNOME 3.16 even after disabling Wayland).

My monitors look best at 0.8 gamma. The default 1 is too bright.

Comment

There is still one thing left: restart the window manager w/o breaking all GUI apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post

the pointer locking is missing atm so lets hope they have it worked in by 3.18

Work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                    Does any VDPAU capable player work on wayland?
                    MPV
                    a free, open source, and cross-platform media player

Comment

Working...
                    X