Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Benchmarks Of Intel's Atom Z3735F On The Compute Stick

Phoronix: Linux Benchmarks Of Intel's Atom Z3735F On The Compute Stick

The Atom Z3735F is what powers Intel's Compute Stick. The Z373F has a Scenario Design Power of just 2.2 Watts while being a quad-core 64-bit processor with a clock speed of 1.33GHz and a burst frequency of 1.83GHz. This low-power Atom SoC also has Intel HD Graphics that work fine under Linux. In this article are some early test data from the Intel Compute Stick with Ubuntu Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting when you compare it to raspberry pi benchmarks:
    OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

v.
    OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

lame
    pi 2: 155 seconds
    intel: 53 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by djtm View Post
      lame
      pi 2: 155 seconds
      intel: 53 seconds
      Lame is single core benchmark, that is 900MHz armv7 vs 1830MHz x86_64.

That said If that intel CPU is downclocked to 900MHz, i guess you will hardly see a difference there.
      Last edited by dungeon; 30 May 2015, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Michael, you are benchmarking the $150 model with 2 GB RAM / 32 GB flash memory, which is only available with Windows.

It would be nice if you called out Intel's decision that Linux users who want to avoid paying the Microsoft tax get only 1 GB RAM / 8 GB flash memory.

Edit: I see that you mentioned it in the older article. Nevermind then
        Originally posted by phoronix
        It's rather sad to see the Linux Compute Stick have just 1GB of RAM especially as it's running 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 LTS while the 2GB Windows stick is running 32-bit Windows, it's almost as if Intel is trying to cripple the experience of the non-Windows stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
          The Compute Stick can compile the Linux kernel from scratch... but it takes about 14 minutes.
          I find this claim highly suspect when building a kernel on my Athlon 7750X2 takes 80min.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

I find this claim highly suspect when building a kernel on my Athlon 7750X2 takes 80min.
            Your 80 minute is probably distro kernel compile time i guess. Phoronix kernel benchmark is not that, it has much tiny config.

I guess your 95W CPU is right on par with this 2W CPU for this benchmark task... but of course there are also 6 years in between .
            Last edited by dungeon; 30 May 2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...SO-1505309BE49

This is the lowest end Intel processor I have access to. IMO that little stick didn't do too bad.

Comment

At 1080p with low quality settings, Xonotic runs around 30 FPS... But the higher visuals will immediately bang up the system.
                Out of VRAM i guess... what is max for that one, 512MB or something less?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Out of VRAM i guess... what is max for that one, 512MB or something less?
                  Only 64MB for Intel hardware, but it's system RAM anyway so the driver handle it instead. If an app needs more the driver makes sure it has it.

Comment

Well amount of VRAM the GPU uses is determined by the CPU not the operating systems, that is what i ask... so there must be some limitation max in bios or if not someone should know max.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 30 May 2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X