Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BQ Aquaris E5 Ubuntu Phone Being Released Next Week

Phoronix: BQ Aquaris E5 Ubuntu Phone Being Released Next Week

Beginning next week the BQ Aquaris E5 pre-loaded with Ubuntu Phone will become available in Europe...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

1 GB again? I know that UT is lighter on RAM usage than Android, but come on.... We need to have one high end phone for UT, give people something to be excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      I know that UT is lighter on RAM usage than Android,
      Proof?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post

Proof?
        Here www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl4R-iI9JHQ

at 02:33 just see the number of apps running and how cool the phone is with all that stuff running (as if its nothing). I know it's the 2GB RAM phone but android doesnt stay this much happy with tons of stuff running on 2GB RAM either.

Comment

Does it have HDMI or something to plug in the screen so we can try that 'converging' thing theyve been talking about?

Comment

I have BQ Aquaris E4.5 and 1 GB RAM is enough, multiple applications run well on the phone. MX4 has 2 GB RAM and BQ will make a new phone that will be capable of convergence later this year which means it will have high end hardware, likely a octa core CPU with 3 or more gigabytes of RAM and 5" full hd or 2k screen.

Comment

Originally posted by yash View Post

Here www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl4R-iI9JHQ

at 02:33 just see the number of apps running and how cool the phone is with all that stuff running (as if its nothing). I know it's the 2GB RAM phone but android doesnt stay this much happy with tons of stuff running on 2GB RAM either.

Ehh yeah they are all suspended. The application switcher is doing nothing more than to flick through screenshots.
              Not really proof of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post

Ehh yeah they are all suspended. The application switcher is doing nothing more than to flick through screenshots.
                Not really proof of anything.

Wrong.

Comment

I've been thinking about it a lot - it saddened me - I decided not to buy for the fact "Mediatek (correct if I'm wrong) inside", nor any device that uses Mediatek for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                  X