Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.4.2 Officially Released

Phoronix: Qt 5.4.2 Officially Released

The second point release to Qt 5.4 is now available with various fixes and minor improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally, it fixes some annoying bugs in QtWebKit, some of them seriously affecting Windows (like plugins painted always on top, annoying regression):

Comment

I only wish the Dropbox client was recompiled with one of these. The tray icon transparency was fixed an eon ago, and they're still using some alpha of Qt5. Looks damn ugly.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, once this makes its way around the distros, then the plasma-wayland compositor should be testable

Comment

Qt 5.5 will be the new way next KDE will be written?

Comment

There is a bugfix in Qt 4.5.2 required for Kwayland. Going to try it out when I get a chance.

Comment

Qt 5.4.2 maintains backward compatibility, both source and binary, with Qt 5.4.1 – but not to Qt 5.4.0, which unfortunately broke binary compatibility on Windows when using MSVC 2012 or MSVC 2013. This binary compatibility break was fixed in Qt 5.4.1, thus Qt 5.4.2 maintains full compatibility with the Qt 5 series (except for Qt 5.4.0).

Comment

Working...
              X