Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calamares 1.1-RC1 Distribution Installer Released

Phoronix: Calamares 1.1-RC1 Distribution Installer Released

Version 1.1-RC1 of the Calamares Linux distribution installer framework is now available. This distribution-independent installer has garnered the interest of Manjaro, Kubuntu, and others seeking to make a more unified, better Linux installer. With Calamares 1.1, more features are coming...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did they fix the bug where it fails to even launch if there is a luks partition?

Comment

If you would have bothered to look into the bugtracker you would know.

Comment

The good news is that initial split of partitionmanager into gui part and library is complete (the blocker thing mentioned in that bug). I merged final bits today. So once Calamares 1.1 is out, it might start migrating to the new partition manager library.

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post
          The good news is that initial split of partitionmanager into gui part and library is complete (the blocker thing mentioned in that bug). I merged final bits today. So once Calamares 1.1 is out, it might start migrating to the new partition manager library.
          whats the new partition manager library? Something custom or something you guys snagged from an outside party?
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

whats the new partition manager library? Something custom or something you guys snagged from an outside party?
            KDE Partition Manager was simply split into library part and core part. Calamares developers asked me to split it, so that code can be reused and shared more easily. So it's not something new and not really custom, just an attempt of two projects to collaborate and reuse code easier.

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post

KDE Partition Manager was simply split into library part and core part. Calamares developers asked me to split it, so that code can be reused and shared more easily. So it's not something new and not really custom, just an attempt of two projects to collaborate and reuse code easier.
              Aaaah gotcha, okay
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

... independent installer has garnered the interest of Manjaro, Kubuntu ...
                As new Kubuntu leader I feel compelled to point out that this is utter nonesense and not true.

Comment

Calamares lead developer here. There are currently no plans for Kubuntu to use Calamares. Please see http://calamares.io/about/ for a list of distributions that do ship or plan on shipping Calamares.

Comment

I used it in manjaro 0.9rc months ago and it was lacking a lot of features compared to the default manjaro installer (mainly related to managing partitions (size, position, to format a partition or not, etc) and filesystems), so I had to use the CLI installer. I hope than now it's ready to be properly used.
                    Last edited by edoantonioco; 11 June 2015, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X