Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest System Added To The Linux Benchmarking Lab

Phoronix: The Latest System Added To The Linux Benchmarking Lab

While there's already 50+ systems dedicated to daily upstream Linux/open-source benchmarking at LinuxBenchmarking.com, yet another system was commissioned last night...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bet the TP-Link TL-SG1016 is working out nicely for ya. It does not have any fans, does it?

Have you ever considered 1U rackmount cases with ITX motherboard that takes an AMD 5150 or 5350 APU? So many of the 1U rackmount cases these days do not have vents at the top to exhaust and you would need a GELID Solutions CC-Ssilence-AM1 Ball 1U Low Profile Cooler for AMD AM1 CPU in order to fit in a 1U server chassis. A 90W PicoPSU would do the job as it's more efficient than a regular 1U power supply, but there is no covering for the FLEX/1U PSU in the back of the server chassis. And there is hardly any 2U rack mount servers that are geared for Mini-ITX with lots of storage options in mind.

And since I need more storage, the only solutions I can find would be to go with Streacom FC5 or FC10 with AM1 CPU mount sold separately. For $300+, that's very expensive, but the advantage for Streacom is it's geared for silence and convection cooling in mind. What's also great with Streacom is both of them are less than 15" deep, but provides ample room for hard drives/SSDs. However, I'm unsure if the Streacom cases can be converted into a rackmountable server. Sure it is for HTPC use, but with silence in mind, if I go for FC10, it would be an awesome server case. Last, but not least, there is a PicoPSU/NanoPSU hole in the back, keeping the power supply adapter's heat separate from the main server case.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
      I bet the TP-Link TL-SG1016 is working out nicely for ya. It does not have any fans, does it?

Have you ever considered 1U rackmount cases with ITX motherboard that takes an AMD 5150 or 5350 APU? So many of the 1U rackmount cases these days do not have vents at the top to exhaust and you would need a GELID Solutions CC-Ssilence-AM1 Ball 1U Low Profile Cooler for AMD AM1 CPU in order to fit in a 1U server chassis. A 90W PicoPSU would do the job as it's more efficient than a regular 1U power supply, but there is no covering for the FLEX/1U PSU in the back of the server chassis. And there is hardly any 2U rack mount servers that are geared for Mini-ITX with lots of storage options in mind.

And since I need more storage, the only solutions I can find would be to go with Streacom FC5 or FC10 with AM1 CPU mount sold separately. For $300+, that's very expensive, but the advantage for Streacom is it's geared for silence and convection cooling in mind. What's also great with Streacom is both of them are less than 15" deep, but provides ample room for hard drives/SSDs. However, I'm unsure if the Streacom cases can be converted into a rackmountable server. Sure it is for HTPC use, but with silence in mind, if I go for FC10, it would be an awesome server case. Last, but not least, there is a PicoPSU/NanoPSU hole in the back, keeping the power supply adapter's heat separate from the main server case.
      The network switches have been running fine. Haven't considered 1U cases much considering the increased cost of their power supplies, etc, that would end up likely costing more than my current builds of 2Us and 4Us.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Do you have an affiliate link for German Amazon?

Comment

Working...
        X