Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Launches A Diversity Sponsorship Travel Program

Phoronix: Debian Launches A Diversity Sponsorship Travel Program

Debian feels that greater diversity at DebConf and in the Debian community will "significantly help" them in their goal of becoming the Universal Operating System, so they've launched a diversity sponsorship program for their annual DebConf event...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They will only manage to split the community with feminist nonsense.
    Last edited by Rakl?dder; 17 June 2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakl?dder View Post
      You are the worst troll in internet history

Comment

When a woman says "no", it means "no". Coercing a woman to do something against her will is wrong, whether it's a sex act, or software development. Wrapping it in a pretty pink "diversity" marketing scheme doesn't change that.

Comment

Maybe they can invite Caitlyn Jenner!

Comment

Originally posted by Rakl?dder View Post
            Diversity is code for anti-white so this is a program designed for a person of color. No I'm not a racist I have black family but we need to stop these kind of programs and condemn these political motivated agendas. Divide and Conquer...

Comment

This is not about being white, black, LGBT or potato. It is also not about feminism. Diversity is not boundaried towards something like that. It's about making it
              possible for some people for whom attending debcon would be a major burden otherwise (consider students or people who live on the support of the country).

Comment

Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
                Diversity is code for anti-white so this is a program designed for a person of color.
                Nope. Diversity is code for?... Diversity. I admit that it's surprising, but the key of explicitly saying that something pledges Diversity is just a way to say that yes, everybody's welcome, and the orga team knows that a hacker or a Debian fan can be absolutely anybody, regardless his origin, his sexuality or anything else.

Designing specific sponsorship is a way to highlight this state of mind.

Perhaps being a white straight guy with no financial problem does not help you to understand this, but don't interpret facts, thanks.

No I'm not a racist I have black family but
                "I'm not [something], but" generally means that you are this [something], but you try denying in order to make [something]-ist remark look like it's not. The "I have black friend/foe/dude at work/maid/president" is just the worst point ever to make your opinion look better it is.

we need to stop these kind of programs and condemn these political motivated agendas.
                Or, you just could not care about it, since you're not racist, and not concerned.

But, for sure, being discriminatory is funnier.

Really, what's the point in saying somebody who tries to make something open that he shouldn't, if not saying you don't want it open? And specifically about this specific sponsorship, since it doesn't deprive you of anything you had previously, why are you against it?
                Last edited by Unmaere; 17 June 2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by epictoaster View Post

You are the worst troll in internet history
                  He's right though. This is the same reason affirmative action is a joke. I'd never have a major surgery done by a non-jewish/Asian/white doctor because of affirmative action.

Comment

Originally posted by Unmaere View Post

Nope. Diversity is code for?... Diversity. I admit that it's surprising, but the key of explicitly saying that something pledges Diversity is just a way to say that yes, everybody's welcome, and the orga team knows that a hacker or a Debian fan can be absolutely anybody, regardless his origin, his sexuality or anything else.

Designing specific sponsorship is a way to highlight this state of mind.

Perhaps being a white straight guy with no financial problem does not help you to understand this, but don't interpret facts, thanks.

"I'm not [something], but" generally means that you are this [something], but you try denying in order to make [something]-ist remark look like it's not. The "I have black friend/foe/dude at work/maid/president" is just the worst point ever to make your opinion look better it is.

Or, you just could not care about it, since you're not racist, and not concerned.

But, for sure, being discriminatory is funnier.

Really, what's the point in saying somebody who tries to make something open that he shouldn't, if not saying you don't want it open? And specifically about this specific sponsorship, since it doesn't deprive you of anything you had previously, why are you against it?
                    I never said that I was against it.. What my beef with these type of programs is that rewards should be based on merit and not on race or gender. As far as you labeling me as racist (I think family is a bit more than maid or friend) that gave me a laugh especially if you knew me. Why give a prize to someone who may or may not be as good or better than someone else (white male) just because they have a a vagina or colored skin. .. 1 more thing SJW's ruin everything they get they're hands on.
                    Last edited by staggerlee; 17 June 2015, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X