Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice Gets More Porting For GTK3, Adds Wayland-Compatible Clipboard Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Gets More Porting For GTK3, Adds Wayland-Compatible Clipboard Support

Phoronix: LibreOffice Gets More Porting For GTK3, Adds Wayland-Compatible Clipboard Support

The past few months has seen lots of work on adding GTK3 support to LibreOffice. That work is slowly but surely getting accomplished...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does this mean that if I select a text I can paste it somewhere with the middle click button like under x?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      Does this mean that if I select a text I can paste it somewhere with the middle click button like under x?
      You can paste it with Ctrl+V, like in any other OS

Comment

I am interested if windows are also supported with gtk3 (for crazy mingw builds).

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post

Yeah but if you can use both, you can do two copypastes simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post

This is an old thread but the troubles with cut and past over the last few years has been growing and infuriating and it is based on this ignorance. CTL+V is not a good way for cut and paste, and is not "like any other OS" but was developed by Microsoft to compensate for a broken windowing model that they had. Those keys are used for a variety of things in different applications and by far and away the better model was that which came from MIT of drag and middle click, as it is in X.

Aside from that, meanwhile, cut and paste between applications is now the worst it has ever been on Linux based system and is deteriorating. Shifting to a desktop layer application library like gtk3 is a mistake that makes this worst, not better. There has never been anything wrong with X11's clipboard. The problem, such as they have been, have always been developers fed on the tit of the Microsoft band at a young age who are incapable of imagining any other means of working, and the trying to shoehorn the MS reduced functionality into desktop environments by bypassing X11's clipboard and writing there own so that CTL-V works.

This has caused a breakdown of desktop functionality. Cutting and pasting from firefox to VIM is no problem but fails completely now with libreoffice.

they Fcked everything up.

Comment

Working...
            X