Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Being Ported To Google Chrome / Native Client

Phoronix: Qt Being Ported To Google Chrome / Native Client

The Qt Company revealed today their work-in-progress port of Qt to Chrome / Google Native Client...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are there news about qtwebengine browser!?

Comment

Google Native Client (NaCl) is the Chrome browser's sandboxing technology
      More like saltboxing technology! *badum tss*
      (hopefully someone will get that)

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        More like saltboxing technology! *badum tss*
        (hopefully someone will get that)
        This technology is of course just a small stepping stone for the next, much improved future version called SiO2.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          Are there news about qtwebengine browser!?
          Sure:
          Qt 5.4 introduced initial version of QtWebEngine, which allows to use Blink rendering engine in Qt applications without additional effort. While APIs are still very basic it is already possible to ...

Comment

Originally posted by Emdek View Post
            Sure:
            Qt 5.4 introduced initial version of QtWebEngine, which allows to use Blink rendering engine in Qt applications without additional effort. While APIs are still very basic it is already possible to ...
            Thanks for reply.

Comment

So what does this mean? I can install a Qt Chrome Plugin that will allow me to write javascript that accesses certain Qt controls? NaCl, the last time I looked at it, seemed way too limiting to do anything that interesting. So what does this "port" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by bpetty View Post
                So what does this mean? I can install a Qt Chrome Plugin that will allow me to write javascript that accesses certain Qt controls? NaCl, the last time I looked at it, seemed way too limiting to do anything that interesting. So what does this "port" mean?
                It means that if you're writing a NaCl plugin for Chrome, you can use Qt in it.

I agree, it doesn't sound very interesting to me, because NaCl is stupid. Just write a desktop application if you don't want to use javascript.

Comment

Wow, that's some awful timing as it seems NaCl will likely be abandoned in favor of the newly announced WebAssembly.

Comment

Originally posted by bpetty View Post
                    It means you can write ChromeOS applications in Qt, which is interesting considering how big ChromeBooks are getting in the education sector.

Comment

Working...
                    X