Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Continues Working On "Waycheck" For Wayland Testing

Phoronix: Samsung Continues Working On "Waycheck" For Wayland Testing

Developers at Samsung's open-source group have been working on a simple unit/integration test framework and test program. This new tool is dubbed "Waycheck" and will hopefully lead to promptly catching functional regressions/bugs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What kind of products would use Wayland coming from Samsung in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
      Chrome OS works with Wayland and Samsung makes Chromebooks so that immediately pops in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by My8th View Post
        I think Tizen uses wayland, and they're using it in all their smart tvs, and probably lots of other devices as well.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I think Tizen uses wayland, and they're using it in all their smart tvs, and probably lots of other devices as well.
          Yeah Tizen 2.0 uses systemd and Wayland. So any upcoming Smart TV's, in-car info-tainment systems, smart appliances, etc, will all use Wayland.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Keep up the good work Samsung.

Comment

It would be cool to see some collaboration with LG, since they use Wayland on their WebOS TVs.
              Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

So much for Mir will be more relevant than Wayland:

Samsung and LG probably already sold more TVs than Canonical & Partners will ever sell Ubuntu Phones.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                It would be cool to see some collaboration with LG, since they use Wayland on their WebOS TVs.
                I didn't know that. I really like the interface on my LG TV so that's a good sign for Wayland.

Comment

Working...
                X