Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CodeWeavers Working On Direct3D 11, Better Wine Performance

Phoronix: CodeWeavers Working On Direct3D 11, Better Wine Performance

CodeWeavers has shared their plans for adding DirectX11 support for their Wine-based CrossOver software along with delivering on performance improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds nice. I wonder if this company is big enough so when they'll be stopped by the GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc bug, AMD won't ignore them complaining.

Comment

It would be nice if the VMWare folk could release their DX11 state tracker for Mesa

Comment

Believe it when I see it.

"In the coming months, CodeWeavers will have support for DirectX 11;
        interesting that there's zero mention of wine.

Comment

Wine has its own release / merge criteria. CodeWeavers can write the code and submit it for inclusion into Wine, but then Wine has to accept it.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

It sounds absolutely retarded and a total waste of time. They've been implementing MS API the wrong way from the beginning. It's as if they decided to take the longest code path that they could possibly devise. They've been implementing MS API's in such a way that it looks like they intentionally try to make it the slowest and buggiest implementation that they possibly can. The wine project desperately needs forked and reimplemented so that MS API's become natively available and then wine should be nothing more than wrappers. That way wine can actually be what its acronym stands for. Right now as is it should be called "translate everything incorrectly at least 4 times before execution", or teil4be.
            Last edited by duby229; 22 June 2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
              Believe it when I see it.
              Any reason to not trust to largest Wine contributors?

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
              interesting that there's zero mention of wine.
              One guy on reddit actually sent email to James Ramey and get an answer:
              Of course, CodeWeavers will submit the DX11 patches to Wine. The work is being done by Henri, and it's scheduled to be done sometime later this year (end of year most likely). He's been working on this for nearly 7 months, and he's making progress. Thank you for your inquiring. My best regards.
              James B. Ramey
              President CodeWeavers, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                It would be nice if the VMWare folk could release their DX11 state tracker for Mesa
                That would be great, but it's still won't cover Intel hardware as it's based off Gallium. And Nvidia of course.

Comment

Originally posted by SXX⁣ View Post
                  Any reason to not trust to largest Wine contributors?
                  I swear the linux community has the memory of a goldfish.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2009/03...os-and-linux/1

Comment

Originally posted by SXX⁣ View Post
                    That would be great, but it's still won't cover Intel hardware as it's based off Gallium. And Nvidia of course.
                    Their fault. How many years has it been? If they've chosen to be left behind, then their choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X