Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Officially Rolls Out Office For Android Phones

Phoronix: Microsoft Officially Rolls Out Office For Android Phones

Microsoft today announced the general availability of Word/Excel/PowerPoint for Android phones...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The microsoft ceo has been taking some unusual moves since he got the job, i'm hoping that he will make a native linux version but i'm 95% certain that he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Microsoft Officially Rolls Out Office For Android Phones

Microsoft today announced the general availability of Word/Excel/PowerPoint for Android phones...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Android-Phones
      What was it that Linus said... "when microsoft makes office for Linux, we'll know we've won"

Comment

Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
        What was it that Linus said... "when microsoft makes office for Linux, we'll know we've won"
        I'm like, 90% sure Microsoft has made stuff that runs on Android before. Hell, how much of Android involves MS patents again? I know there was a uproar about it some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
          I'm like, 90% sure Microsoft has made stuff that runs on Android before. Hell, how much of Android involves MS patents again? I know there was a uproar about it some time ago.

Links? Articles? Where are MS patents related to Android? Please provide some proof for that.

Comment

Originally posted by RoninDusette View Post

Links? Articles? Where are MS patents related to Android? Please provide some proof for that.
            Well... there's always the ones that Microsoft is using to take money from every android licensee... http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...windows-phone/

Comment

is it always online ?

Comment

Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
                And that's a good thing ? Have you seen the android file sizes for that heap of dung ?

Comment

"when microsoft makes office for Linux, we'll know we've won"
                  Microsoft makes Office for Android that is a fork, not for Linux nor any free desktop.
                  So we are far away from victory...

BTW it is not at all a strange move, considering the number of Android users it enable them to keep the vast majority of file formats (.docx .xlsx ) and in return keep selling Office products and subscriptions for 365 services.

Last question: is it a free app?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                    Well... there's always the ones that Microsoft is using to take money from every android licensee... http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...windows-phone/
                    Mafia tactics really don't count. Try again. Prove the LEGITIMACY of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X