Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Riddell Steps Down From The Kubuntu Council

Phoronix: Jonathan Riddell Steps Down From The Kubuntu Council

The Ubuntu drama last month of the Ubuntu Community Council ordering Jonathan Riddell out of any (K)Ubuntu leadership positions has apparently come to a close. The former Canonical employee who was widely looked at as a leader of Kubuntu has removed his membership from the Kubuntu Council...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow! Seems like the Kubuntu counsel doesn't matter at all. In fact what's the point if Canonical gets their way regardless?

EDIT: I really hope Jonathan Riddell gets involved with another KDE centric distro. He wasn't wrong and I hope these outcomes don't change his opinions.
    Last edited by duby229; 25 June 2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I am glad that this has ended well, meaning without more unnecessary drama. Mistakes have been made on both sides in the conflict but the cause of it was the inappropriate harshness and provocation from the KDE side in this case in person of J.Riddell.
      Without that tension there might be a state where kubuntu and the rest of the ubuntu community can work together again. In the end the kubuntu and kde guys do benefit a lot from the ubuntu community, like all the money they get to travel to kde meetings etc. So there is no need for that tension and personal feelings for some sort of payback. And that is what the intention was to ask J.Riddell to step down in the first place, imho.

Comment

Hes employed by Blue Systems, so hes going to be involved in Netrunner and Kubuntu for his day job.

Would love to see him come over and give the Arch family some KDE love, since Netrunner rolling is now a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by k1l_ View Post
          Mistakes have been made [...]
          That is such a bullshit phrase (and weasel words) that anything you said after that is of no worth. I didn't even read whether you were pro- or anti-... that phrase sealed your fate.

Comment

Originally posted by fabdiznec View Post

That is such a bullshit phrase (and weasel words) that anything you said after that is of no worth. I didn't even read whether you were pro- or anti-... that phrase sealed your fate.
            it _has_ meaning, and can be true. It is just equivalent to: (I think that) none of the 2 sides is evidently more wrong than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              I really hope Jonathan Riddell gets involved with another KDE centric distro. He wasn't wrong and I hope these outcomes don't change his opinions.
              Kubuntu is less "KDE centric" than Fedora-KDE. A dedicated boot logo does not change the fact that it's just Ubuntu with KDE software. KDE software is in the unsupported Universe repo.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                Kubuntu is less "KDE centric" than Fedora-KDE. A dedicated boot logo does not change the fact that it's just Ubuntu with KDE software. KDE software is in the unsupported Universe repo.
                I guess that's where opinions vary, I think it's unfortunate that it's supposed to just be Ubuntu with KDE software. What happened to freedom?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  What happened to freedom?
                  What?

Comment

Oh I get it.... Pretend like it didn't happen and you don't get it, then I'm just a conspiracy theorist. Right?

Comment

Working...
                    X