Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Family Does Their 15.10 Alpha 1 Releases

Phoronix: Ubuntu Family Does Their 15.10 Alpha 1 Releases

While Ubuntu itself doesn't participate in the alpha releases but rather focuses upon the quality of their daily ISOs, the opt-in flavors of the Ubuntu family that does do these early development releases have announced their 15.10 Alpha 1s...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm... I wonder what's new for Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 Alpha 1?

Am I correct that Linux 4.1 will be chosen for 15.10? Because Linux 4.2 will be too late after the feature freeze and 4.3 will be in Ubuntu 16.04. Linux kernel releases have a 2 to 3 month cadence, so I don't think 4.4 could make it on time for 16.04 release. But who knows...

By that time, once Zarafa releases their debs for 16.04, I will be upgrading my VPS from 12.04.5 to 16.04.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Ubuntu Family Does Their 15.10 Alpha 1 Releases

While Ubuntu itself doesn't participate in the alpha releases but rather focuses upon the quality of their daily ISOs, the opt-in flavors of the Ubuntu family that does do these early development releases have announced their 15.10 Alpha 1s...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-15.10-Alpha-1
      Posting from kubuntu 15.10 Alpha 1 - so far, so good.

Comment

Working...
      X