Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFS Will Get DAX Support In The Linux 4.2 Kernel

Phoronix: XFS Will Get DAX Support In The Linux 4.2 Kernel

Dave Chinner sent in his XFS file-system pull request today as the last of the high-profile file-system updates for the Linux 4.2 kernel merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has the "some games won't run from XFS" thing been fixed? It was the reason I had to abandon my favourite filesystem on my desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
      Has the "some games won't run from XFS" thing been fixed? It was the reason I had to abandon my favourite filesystem on my desktop.
      I guess you mean developers not reading readdir spec and being hit with DT_UNKNOWN on XFS? It plagued quite a number of other games.

It's related to this bug: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12688

XFS shows no signs of progress with it.

Another common problem were big XFS partitions (1+ TB) for 32 bit games. It's fixable by adding proper flags to the compiler, i.e. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

The workaround for it is known - create a small loop device partition and play the game from there. See example here:
      Last edited by shmerl; 30 June 2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X