Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Is Still Looking For A Diversity Advisor

Phoronix: Fedora Is Still Looking For A Diversity Advisor

Back in March there was the announcement of Fedora looking for a diversity advisor as a volunteer position to help promote diversity within this popular Linux distribution. Unfortunately it looks like their initial search didn't yield any suitable applicants so they're back to looking for more people interested in that position...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are these vague tasks just an euphemism for "get more girls in"?

Comment

they don't need an advisor, all you need to do is to hire whoever is best for the job. Doing anything other than that is discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
        they don't need an advisor, all you need to do is to hire whoever is best for the job. Doing anything other than that is discrimination.
        There are no "hiring" and "jobs" in FOSS projects. Unless you're talking about paid positions, but I don't think that's what this is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post

There are no "hiring" and "jobs" in FOSS projects. Unless you're talking about paid positions, but I don't think that's what this is about.
          That's why they aren't finding anyone. People deserve to get paid. Even OSS advocates. I'd even say specially so.

Comment

There's an infection at fedora. It's called political correctness. If it's not stamped out they'll go to ruin.

Comment

Distro who ditches 32-bit ARM support, completely ignoring real-world conditions and sticking to ARM-64 only would have really hard times to find Diversity Advisor. Because it sounds like Mission Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                That's why they aren't finding anyone. People deserve to get paid. Even OSS advocates. I'd even say specially so.

I doubt anyone would disagree, but this is about Fedora, a community, not a company.
                Most (sometimes all) positions in such communities are volunteer positions due to restrictions on available funds.

Cheers,
                _

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Back in March there was the announcement of Fedora looking for a diversity advisor as a volunteer position to help promote diversity within this popular Linux distribution.
                  Most race hustler types want some kind of money, power, or status. I'm disappointed that is what Fedora is pursuing.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                    Are these vague tasks just an euphemism for "get more girls in"?
                    No, "Diversity" is a euphemism for "lets find new ways to vilify white men".

Comment

Working...
                    X