Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSSH 6.9 Released, Prepares For OpenSSH 7.0

Phoronix: OpenSSH 6.9 Released, Prepares For OpenSSH 7.0

OpenSSH 6.9 was released yesterday as the final step before the expected OpenSSH 7.0 release in late July...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any chance of somebody doing an un-biased comparison of security between OpenSSH 6.9 and the latest released LibreSSL? Some parts might be "apples to oranges", but that's exactly what I want to know: Is the apple or the orange better, security/performance wise.

It's probably not going to happen though, since that takes time and as we saw with heartbleed: nobody really cares enough (though they should).

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
      Is there any chance of somebody doing an un-biased comparison of security between OpenSSH 6.9 and the latest released LibreSSL? Some parts might be "apples to oranges", but that's exactly what I want to know: Is the apple or the orange better, security/performance wise.

It's probably not going to happen though, since that takes time and as we saw with heartbleed: nobody really cares enough (though they should).
      OpenSSH is not OpenSSL. OpenSSH is an OpenBSD project and a set of tools for secure shell connections. Open/Libre SSL are libraries for abstracting secure socket connections. OpenSSH is dynamically linked against one of those libraries.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiller View Post

OpenSSH is not OpenSSL. OpenSSH is an OpenBSD project and a set of tools for secure shell connections. Open/Libre SSL are libraries for abstracting secure socket connections. OpenSSH is dynamically linked against one of those libraries.
        Yeah... sorry, it's really late here and I typed that immediately after getting off work.

I guess just ignore my inability to read...
        I mean, the question still stands, but not on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: OpenSSH 6.9 Released, Prepares For OpenSSH 7.0

OpenSSH 6.9 was released yesterday as the final step before the expected OpenSSH 7.0 release in late July...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...H-6.9-Released
          Well, good that they finally manage to nuke 1.x soon (wrt 7.0 plans)

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            I mean, the question still stands, but not on this thread.
            No, the question was answered, you just didn't understand the answer.... He said that OpenSSH **USES** OpenSSL/LibreSSL, the comparison is therefore meaningless, since you will be comparing OpenSSH (LibreSSL) to LibreSSL.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post

No, the question was answered, you just didn't understand the answer.... He said that OpenSSH **USES** OpenSSL/LibreSSL, the comparison is therefore meaningless, since you will be comparing OpenSSH (LibreSSL) to LibreSSL.
              Guy explained him self. What he is interested in is how LibreSSL compares to latest versions of OpenSSL, thus his conclusion it is a topic for another thread.

Comment

Working...
              X