Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarks Of 54 Different Intel/AMD Linux Systems

Phoronix: Benchmarks Of 54 Different Intel/AMD Linux Systems

Last month for the Phoronix 11th birthday we ran Benchmarks Of 45 Linux Systems From Atoms, Athlons and Phenoms To Xeons. This week in celebrating 200,000 benchmark results in our LinuxBenchmarking.com test lab, I ran another large comparison against the latest spectrum of hardware/software in the automated performance test lab...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Honestly I'm a bit surprised to see how well AMD did in some of these cases. Really goes to show the Bulldozer architecture isn't actually that bad, it's just a matter of compiling something properly to take advantage of it, which is much easier to do in an open source environment.

Comment

Still rocking my FX-8350.

Comment

There is something seriously wrong with those benchmark figures, look at the results for I5-520M and I3-370M. Are you telling me that an I5-520M is half as slow as an i3-370m ?

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
          My deepest sympathies, well at least on the bright side it doubles up as a hotplate to cook the morning breakfast. My Xeon keeps my beer cool.
          Last edited by Slartifartblast; 02 July 2015, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
            There is something seriously wrong with those benchmark figures, look at the results for I5-520M and I3-370M. Are you telling me that an I5-520M is half as slow as an i3-370m ?
            you have to compare the SYSTEMs also - have both equal RAM, an SSD and Kernel - most certainly not. Look this up in the big table here: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...IO26&obr_sor=y

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
              I still use AthlonX2 4200. Comparing it to Corei7 that I got at work, I see no reason to get a new cpu.

Comment

Amazing job Michael
                Thank you

Comment

Is the G3258 overclocked or stock?

Comment

Originally posted by samigina View Post
                    Is the G3258 overclocked or stock?
                    All the systems are running at their stock base/turbo speeds.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X