Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying To Run The Intel Core i7 5775C On Linux

Phoronix: Trying To Run The Intel Core i7 5775C On Linux

A few days ago I received the Intel Core i7 5775C for Linux testing, one of the first Broadwell desktop/socketed chips featuring Iris 6200 graphics. In the days since, I've been trying to test it under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really weird, maybe try Windows or at least intel_pstate=disabled. Maybe another firmware update is needed.

Comment

I would do the other way around: running Linux on Intel Core i7 5775C.
      It'd be way easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Really weird, maybe try Windows or at least intel_pstate=disabled. Maybe another firmware update is needed.
        Had already tried intel_pstate=disable as well to no avail :/ Though don't think I've tried both disabling intel_idle and pstate at the same time.

Wish there were another firmware update out.... Or that this Gigabyte motherboard would work with the proc, unless there's some hardware issue with this particular CPU sample.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Just try windows 8.1, then you will know if it is a linux problem or a hardware problem.

Comment

I starts those investigations with probably everything posibile disabled in bios... particulary those new things on this one like eDRAM

Comment

As always start with the memtest
              RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Something to consider: I see some reports that the Broadwell specs call for 1.35V RAM and 1.5V at most. If you're running over-volted RAM, maybe that would cause issues.

Comment

Nobody really cares about Broadwell (on the desktop), I think not even Intel.
                  Everyone is waiting for Skylake.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Nobody really cares about Broadwell (on the desktop), I think not even Intel. Everyone is waiting for Skylake.
                    What an ignorant and unhelpful post...
                    The graphics alone are interesting, because of the Iris Pro 6200. Michael will be looking to do the usual benchmarks and maybe even try the Beignet OpenCL 2.0 code.

Comment

Working...
                    X