Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Many New Features Of The Linux 4.2 Kernel

Phoronix: The Many New Features Of The Linux 4.2 Kernel

If all goes according to plan, the Linux 4.2 kernel merge window will close this afternoon followed by the immediate release of the Linux 4.2-rc1 test version. With all major pull requests having already been submitted for Linux 4.2, here's an overview of the exciting new features and changed functionality to look forward to with this kernel version to officially debut later this summer!

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do we have to wait for a special catalyst version to make AMDGPU work or is it a drop-in replacement for fglrx?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
      Do we have to wait for a special catalyst version to make AMDGPU work or is it a drop-in replacement for fglrx?
      Public Catalyst doesn't yet support using the AMDGPU kernel driver -- and probably won't for quite a while.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Public Catalyst doesn't yet support using the AMDGPU kernel driver -- and probably won't for quite a while.
        I hope you're wrong. I've been looking forward to new Catalyst.

I guess I can wait another year, to let everything new settle, and get a 14/16 nm GPU instead.

Comment

By the way; since Linux 4.2 will support R9 285, is it safe to assume it will support R9 380 aswell? Considering they're both Tonga.

Comment

What about HD audio development?

Comment

Working...
            X